SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOPS
Simone Douglas, Social Media AOK - Duke of Brunswick Hotel, Adelaide
SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOP 1 - Thursday 7th June, 9.30am-11.30am IS YOUR HOTEL SERIOUSLY SOCIAL? - SESSION FULL
SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOP 2 - Thursday 21st June, 9.30am-11.30am SOCIAL MEDIA REVIEWS & REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
There’s no denying the need for harnessing the power of social media in the hospitality industry.But it’s a power that needs to be harnessed correctly because your reputation is on the line, and one small error in judgement (or ill-thought out Facebook comment!) could see you on the front page of tomorrow’s papers.
- Increasing engagement with your online community through your social media channels
- How you can encourage user generated content for your venue
- Developing a review strategy for your venue to get those 5-star reviews flowing in
- Creating a plan for handling anything less than a 4-star review
- Crisis management - putting escalation protocols in place, developing standardised responses, and how to shut things down quickly
- Empowering the in-house staff who are handling social media with what they need, and when you might need to call in a professional
- Risk mitigation – simple activities you can do and tools you can use to monitor your venue’s reputation online
SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOP 3 - Thursday 5th July, 9.30am-11.30am
SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING
Been tempted to click the ‘Boost’ button on Facebook to get some extra likes on your page? STOP!
You need to how social media advertising can be used to generate return on investment for your hotel – all without confusing yourself with the CTR, CPC, CPM, and more acronyms that just make your head hurt.
- Defining your audience, and finding them on the right social media advertising medium
- Building your social media audiences
- How to reverse-engineer the goals of the hotel into actionable social media advertising KPIs
- Selecting the right type of campaign type – conversions, brand awareness, engagement, video views and more.
- Using the Facebook Pixel to increase and measure conversions
- How to run split testing and why you would
- Instagram advertising and what it is useful for
- Remarketing to your website visitors
- Creating custom and lookalike audiences from your databases
- Ideal KPIs for click-through rates (CTR) and cost per click (CPC)
- Quantifying your results using Google Analytics