The AHA|SA is delighted to announce that Sarah Legoe will be joining the AHA|SA as Senior Advisor – Workplace Relations, Liquor Licensing & Gaming on Monday 5 February 2024.
Sarah is well known to members having previously worked at the AHA|SA for over ten years as a manager and advocate in workplace relations, liquor licensing and gaming from 2009 to 2019. In 2019, Sarah completed her law degree and has spent the last 4 and half years working as a commercial lawyer in private practice working in a variety of areas including most recently with the Hospitality and Tourism team at Piper Alderman.
Sarah will be able to assist members in a range of areas including:
- Advice on award and enterprise agreement interpretation, wage and leave entitlement queries, performance management, termination and redundancy/restructuring.
- Advice on legislative obligations under the Fair Work Act and regulations.
- Advice on WHS and food safety compliance
- Representation of members on claims with the Fair Work Commission, South Australian Employment Tribunal, Fair Work Ombudsman, Consumer and Business Services and Licensing Court of South Australia.
- Delivery of information sessions to members on a variety of workplace relations and HR topics.
- Advice on understanding liquor and gaming licence conditions, liquor management plans, the removal/addition of conditions, variations to trading hours, alterations and redefinitions.
- Preparation and lodgement of applications with CBS.
- Advice on understanding liquor and gaming legislation and codes of practice.
Sarah will be a great asset to the AHA|SA and its members and we look forward to her coming on board with us again.